Core responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Development & Partnerships department in achieving annual fundraising goals for the Alliance’s annual signature events and Times Square Arts’ public art program.
- Developing support materials and sponsorship decks to communicate upcoming programs and events.
- Researching and identifying new potential sponsors for all of the Alliance’s programs, annual events and public art program; assisting in cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Creating and managing grants calendar for public art, ensuring that all deadlines are met; creating accurate narrative and financial reports on grant expenditures.
- Writing and editing persuasive sponsorship requests and grant proposals; developing program budgets.
- Coordinating partnerships and activations, including contracts, letters of agreement, acknowledgment letters, and sponsor inclusion on marketing collateral.
- Assisting with on-site activations and fulfillment of sponsorship deliverables for signature events throughout the year.
- Maintaining current records in database (Salesforce) and in paper files of sponsorship requests and reports; maintaining accurate sponsor contact information and VIP lists.
- Attending programs and events as required, including some evening and weekend hours as dictated by events and workflow.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to clearly articulate both Alliance and partner needs.
- Experience in communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including employees across all levels and departments; foundation, philanthropic and government grant makers; corporate officers; and agency executives.
- One to three years of full-time sponsorship, development and/or grant writing experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Focused yet flexible demeanor in a demanding work environment and ability to prioritize deadlines and assignments effectively.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
The Times Square Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.