Printed Matter, Inc., a non-profit dedicated to the distribution, understanding, and appreciation of artists’ books and related publications, seeks an energetic and detail-oriented Fairs Assistant to support a wide range of tasks with the planning and production of upcoming Printed Matter’s Art Book Fairs.
Fairs Assistant Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Supporting in copywriting and editing of printed, online, and social media content
● Assisting Fairs Coordinator with all exhibitor and vendor communications
● Maintaining invoices, contracts, and exhibitor data
● Supporting the buildout and maintenance of the fair’s website
They are seeking someone with a passion for artists’ books and independent publishing. This position offers the opportunity to learn about the field and build relationships with different presses and artists.
● Candidates must be well organized, communicative, and thoughtful
● Strong copywriting and editing skills
● Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign/Photoshop/Illustrator) and Google Drive applications
● Experience with Cargo and WordPress is a plus
The position of Fairs Assistant requires a commitment of 2-3 days a week which may increase in the weeks leading up to each fair. This position requires regular on-site meetings.
This is a Part-Time Temporary position with a possibility to extend employment after the initial production. The hourly rate is $20/hour. The Fairs Assistant reports to Fairs Coordinator and Fairs Director.
Printed Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any type concerning race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression. Printed Matter is dedicated to bringing greater diversity to its staff and highly encourages individuals from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.