To apply for this full-time, permanent position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. ArtsPool is an equal opportunity employer. In the spirit of ArtsPool’s value of inclusion, They welcome and encourage submissions from BIPOC, LGBTQIA, and disabled candidates.
Your love of numbers and attention to detail is matched by a passion for helping nonprofits and artists to thrive. The ideal candidate will share ArtsPool’s values with respect to diversity, equity and inclusion, and be excited by working in an organization with a flat, non-hierarchical structure, which requires group decision and frequent collaboration. You enjoy learning new systems and tools and thinking critically about ways of making them better. You love the arts and understand financial administration and operations as central parts of making art happen. You are able to prioritize multiple projects and meet ongoing deadlines. You communicate clearly and patiently with clients and colleagues. You are detail-oriented and have a sense of perspective and humor when things get real.
The primary work focus for the Financial Operations Lead is in the area of Financial Operations. Financial Operations services for ArtsPool’s members include, without limitation, the following:
- Maintain accounts receivable and payable and reconcile accounts daily, including support in preparation for annual independent audits and tax filings.
- Reconcile all bank accounts, credit cards, and third party processors and create monthly bank reconciliations.
- Import and interpret transactional data from bank feeds and third-party processors (Salesforce, Ungerboeck, etc).
- Enter all transactions into the books on at least a weekly basis.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks such as deposits and invoicing connected to maintaining accounts receivable.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks connected to maintaining accounts payable, including:
- requesting W-9s for contractors
- tracking of accounts payable
- processing payments
- bill entry and approval
- payments via Checkeeper, ACH or online portals
- preparing PDF checks to print
- Request, as necessary, coding and documentation from members for transactions.
- Record petty cash transactions.
- Track income and expenses to programs in conjunction with the Financial Maintenance Team for budgeting purposes.
- Ensure consistency in the Chart of Accounts and occasionally make journal entries.
- Serve as the first point of contact with members in the ArtsPool app and route tasks to the appropriate team member.
- Maintain and update the reference documents with member context and internal processes as they evolve.
- Process contracts through DocuSign.
- Adhere to the standards of accountability put forth by the team, the specifics of which are subject to change. Standards of accountability will include timelines for reconciliation, completing monthly and annual closing procedures, and sending 1099s to independent contractors, and other critical processes.
- Participate as desired by the team in Financial Operations training for new ArtsPool staff.
- Adhere to quality control responsibilities as determined by the Financial Operations Team.
In connection to the duties above, a Financial Operations Lead will coordinate their work assignments and schedule with ArtsPool’s operational teams and other members of their service delivery team. They will work closely with and clearly communicate financial information to member staff of varying degrees of financial literacy, and help all members to have better comprehension of managing the workflow of their financial data.
Requirements & qualifications
- Experience with bookkeeping preferred. Books conversion experience a plus.
- Experience working within nonprofit and/or arts organizations preferred.
- Ability to work with many types of members (clients) and personalities, ranging from small artist-run companies to mid-sized institutions.
- Independent self-motivated problem solver who can make suggestions and work within a team to develop and implement system improvements.
- Openness to and facility with web-based systems and software.
- Strong knowledge and experience with reading and maintaining spreadsheets preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Xero Accounting, Quickbooks and Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Gmail, etc) a plus.
Starting compensation for this full-time permanent position is $70,000.00, with health and dental benefits. ArtsPool also offers a 401(k) retirement plan and commuter benefits. The successful candidate will be eligible for a raise to ArtsPool’s secondary compensation level, after one year of employment, according to ArtsPool’s pay equity procedures. The approximate start date for this position is early February 2022.