The Social Media Manager will work with the Senior Communications Consultant and Community Engagement Coordinator around the co-design and implementation of special social media projects such as webinars, the release of Collective reports and analyses, supporting Collective Fellows around the launch of their projects, and active listening and amplification of Collective partners in the BIPOC-Frontline led climate justice movement. This role will build the Collective’s social media presence from the beginning, build an audience, and support its growth, specifically among representatives from BIPOC-Frontline led organizations, climate policymakers, mass media, ally-led organizations, and academia. This position will routinely track audience engagement and growth metrics.
Social Media Management
- Launch the Collective’s social media Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds
- Review content from the Collective’s social media and news feeds one to two times a day (social listening);
- Curate and post relevant content an average of two to five times a day across the Collective’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds
- Align all content and engagement efforts with the current JSC brand narrative, personality, and tone. The Collective will provide onboarding for this consultant role on brand and voice.
- Track daily engagement around content and pivot strategy as audience engagement changes and share high-level monthly reports
- Manage content calendar for evergreen and upcoming topical cultural, industry, and political happenings, opportunities, and developments
- Coordinate with Collective staff and partner team on creating/curating content around current news events
- Coordinate with Collective staff and partners to share and post special announcements from Collective fellows and partners as needed
Community Event Activation
Work with a designated team of Collective staff, consultants and/or partners around special announcements, events, releases, and more, to:
- Co-develop project’s social media content and audience engagement strategy
- Develop social media toolkits including proper handles, hashtags, sample content
- Create sample social media content for the organization’s accounts
- Create simple visual assets (memes) and/or advise visual asset designer in image creation
- Occasional live coverage of JSC events, as needed
This contract position includes:
- An average of 8-12 hours a week (no more than 50 hours a month)
- Initially six months (February 2022 through August 2022) with an option for renewal
- Remote, in the domestic US
- Ability to travel and attend meetings as needed, potentially on weekends and evenings – travel and lodging provided at expense of JSC
DESIRED SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in managing and producing social media content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- 2-3+ years of substantive social media experience in community building, non-profit, policy, and/or philanthropic sectors
- Experience working on environmental or climate justice issues, with a sophisticated level of understanding of the issues, landscape, and language
- A passion for social justice and pop culture, and ability to translate that into powerful content that advances the Collective’s vision, mission, and values, amplifies our partner community and engages our audiences
- An understanding of environmental justice issues, basic principles and theory of change
- Experience working with different kinds of people, communicating to a diverse set of audiences, and a working knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and bias
- Ability to work independently and within the voice, brand, and style guidelines
- Highly organized, proactive, detailed-oriented, and communicative
- BONUS: Ability to use or learn software like Photoshop or Illustrator, meme & gif generators, and/or apps like Canva is a plus
Compensation will be negotiated at an hourly rate between $50 and $85.
* Just Solutions Collective centers the work and lived experience of diverse communities and reflects that commitment in their workplace. Black women, queer, trans, and nonbinary people are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Questions should be addressed in writing to email@example.com