Scout Lab is a creative agency based in New York City dedicated to building brands that advance humanity forward. They bring ideas to life through brand identities, campaign work, and comms for companies committed to creating culture across categories.
The Senior Designer / Art Director will concept, lead, and support brand identity design and campaign work for both client and internal projects. This role will use many creative and art forms to drive project outcomes while working with the Chief Creative Officer to resource teams, develop campaign strategies, and ensure third party vendors produce on-brief deliverables.
As a senior designer on the Scout Lab’s brand team, you’ll also collaborate closely with copywriters, other designers, illustrators, photographers, and project/account managers, amongst others.
The Senior Designer / Art Director will report into the Chief Creative Officer and perform the following duties:
- Craft compelling creative concepts that leverage the latest trends and design techniques to drive client business outcomes.
- Create and drive design solutions for a range of client projects and applications, including but not limited to: ads, logos, identity systems, packaging, websites, display ads, and app design.
- Develop brand identities and present concepts both internally and externally
Produce concepts, mock-ups, storyboards, and presentations to convey creative ideation to clients.
- Define creative needs and manage client expectations, budgets, and project parameters to ensure accurate execution
Support the mentorship of other brand team members and ensure a high level of internal collaboration.
- Remain current on best practices, trends, and technology developments in print and digital media.
- 7+ years experience in graphic design, visual communications, fine art, advertising, or other related discipline.
- Strong command of logo design, color implementation and photography.
- Demonstrated ability to concept and generate creative ideas with the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong command of composition, typography, visual hierarchy and graphic creation.
- Experience managing and influencing key client stakeholders, including executive team members.
- High degree of organization with ability to manage numerous projects, deliver work in a timely fashion, and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams a plus.
- Experience with motion graphics is a plus.
This is a full-time position that starts immediately.
Position is remote but would prefer candidates based in Portland, Oregon or New York City, New York
All applicants must submit a digital portfolio or send over digital work samples with an introduction email to email@example.com. Please include “Senior Designer / Art Director” in the subject of your email. Applicants without portfolio examples will not be considered.