Help tell the story of the National Academy’s reemergence and build momentum to reengage National Academicians and support fundraising efforts through the use of visual assets
Create visual assets that set the National Academy apart from other art institutions; inspire past and existing National Academy audiences
Support efforts to solidify the National Academy’s branding and visual identity, making it widely recognizable and aspiring to become a household name
There is a tentative monthly budget of 3,500 USD.
The selected individual or firm will work on retainer, approximately 10-15 hours per week. The individual or firm will work collaboratively with the National Academy’s Communications Manager and other relevant members of staff on a daily or weekly basis.
Deliverables for this position include:
- Graphics for use on social media and the National Academy’s other digital platforms (eg, web and e-newsletter)
- Visuals to be used in digital and print advertising
- Proposed visual identities for different areas of work within the National Academy (eg, developing a unique look and feel for exhibitions materials)
- Exhibitions collateral, including (but not limited to) brochures, wall text, labels, and physical and digital signage
- Program materials, including (but not limited to) promotional materials, physical and digital signage, and handouts
- Visual materials showcasing and promoting the National Academy’s collection
– Instagram feed design support
– Other creative materials, possibly including illustrations, animations, GIFs, or short videos
Fluency in Adobe Suite products, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Familiarity with After Effects is preferred.
Ability to develop assets for web, mobile, and occasionally print use.
Basic audio mastering or editing skills preferred.
Experience working with an arts or cultural institution is preferred.
Due Date: Submissions are due by 6:00 pm EST on April 15, 2022
Please follow all instructions in the RFP document.
Proposals should be sent to communications@