WHO THEY ARE:
Mexican Summer and Anthology are the respective music and publishing entities of Kemado Group, Inc., an independent patron of the arts since 2002. The shared mission of Mexican Summer and Anthology serves musicians, visual artists, and authors without genre or medium limitations.
To support Head of Marketing in developing and executing a multi-channel social media strategy, as well as marketing campaign and branding initiatives for Mexican Summer and Anthology. Includes coordination of live-stream events, content creation for book and album releases, and engaging with our fan base.
- 1-2 years experience managing social media accounts in an agency or client setting
- Email marketing platform (preferably MailChimp)
- Social media tools including Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Instagram Insights, Hootsuite (or similar), Buffer (or similar)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to cull marketing synopses, articles from press, etc. into social media-friendly copy
- Excellent writing and communications skills with a passion for creativity and thinking outside the box
- Experience adapting to various brand voices
- Willingness to learn new skills and platforms and pitch in where needed
- A passion for the music and book industries
- Manage and implement the social media presence and strategy across platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok for Mexican Summer, Anthology, and Looking Glass.
- Support Head of Marketing in researching, planning, and implementing marketing efforts with a creative approach to achieve company-wide goals
- Execute newsletters and website news posts. Work with Web Manager to ensure brand and products are properly represented across company sites.
- Manage and maintain a social media calendar to proactively schedule and track what should be highlighted and when.
- Collaborate with Head of Marketing to design and deliver impactful social media campaigns (inclusive of exact messaging & content) for album and book releases as well as label branding initiatives.
- Engage with communities across social media platforms with a focus on growing the fan base for our artists and labels, while also monitoring and responding to any issues that need to be addressed.
- Conceptualize and create social assets as needed in order to maintain a stable workflow for the creative team
- Track and report internal social media data as well as current trends, communicating how they might affect campaign strategy and implementation at monthly staff meetings.
- Monitor platforms that involve community engagement but are not necessarily “Social” by definition:
Youtube Community, Bandcamp Community, Bandsintown, etc
- Paid Health Insurance Plan
- 401K with employer match
- Paid Holidays including end of year closure
Please send a resume along with pertinent social media links to email@example.com and include the job ad in the subject line.