Fractured Atlas is seeking a full‐time Digital Marketing Specialist. Fractured Atlas is a national nonprofit art service organization with a membership of over 75,000. Their mission is to make the journey from inspiration to living practice more accessible and equitable for artists and creatives. They are dedicated to helping individual artists and arts organizations at every level of the cultural ecosystem, in every creative medium by providing fundraising tools, educational resources, and personalized support.
They are looking to bring on a Digital Marketing Specialist to their team, to help them better communicate with their current members and donors as well as reach new audiences. This role will combine traditional nonprofit development and emerging digital marketing strategies to help their members and the organization grow. They’re looking for someone who understands that marketing can be more than a business strategy, and is excited about communications work that is rooted in and builds community.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is part of the External Relations team and will report to the Director, External Relations. They expect that this role will be approximately 60% CRM-based (email marketing, contact list management, metrics, etc.) and 40% social media.
The External Relations team is nimble and collaborative. They practice participatory decision making and they believe in being good at their jobs, while not being subsumed by them.
At Fractured Atlas, they work hard towards supporting their mission but they also understand that work is just one part of life and support team members having full and robust lives outside of work. Their organizational culture embraces people who:
- Are curious and excited by opportunities to better their services, their systems, and themselves.
- Seek out challenging problems and are comfortable with high-risk, high-impact efforts.
- Are agile, creative problem solvers with a focus on concrete results.
- Invest their time in quality work and giving others their respect and support.
Additionally, at Fractured Atlas they work to adhere to anti-oppression and anti-racism principles in all areas of their internal and external work. This commitment is grounded in their belief that change is possible, and that their work and that of the artistic community as a whole will grow stronger as oppression is eliminated.
In their current phase of this journey towards being an Anti-Racist Anti-Oppressive organization, the whole staff is engaged in all staff ARAO Committee meetings and undergo training as part of their onboarding process. They recognize that they do not have all of the answers as they pursue this work. This work will continue to shift as the Fractured Atlas team changes. They ask that new team members join them as they continue to learn, practice, and grow in this work. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Fractured Atlas here.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the main driver of their marketing campaigns including: overseeing email marketing strategies; managing the marketing campaign calendar; identifying objectives and goals for email and social media strategy; ensuring the team is on track to successfully complete campaigns
- Maintain the health of their contact list through their customer relations management system, Hubspot; liaise with the Engineering team to ensure smooth translation of data
- Work with the Content Specialist and External Relations Associate to develop new content in support of marketing campaigns across all channels
- Drive the strategy for Fractured Atlas social media pages (Instagram, Facebook) with an eye towards growth
- Collaborate with the rest of the External Relations team to provide value to and grow their ecosystem, including developing new initiatives for their online community, the Creative Outpost
- Work cross-functionally with other departments, including the Programs, FinPops (Finance/People/Operations), and Engineering teams in implementing marketing projects
- 2+ years experience or an equivalent deep understanding of the arts, marketing, media, and/or nonprofits
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker with an ability to use data to inform decisions
- Experience with CRMs. We use Hubspot!
- Experience with email marketing
- Experience running a social media account that isn’t your personal one
- Possesses a team mentality. The External Relations team (if they say so themselves) is energetic, innovative and straight-up fun. They work well together and are passionate about what they do.
- The following would be a cherry on top:
- Knowledge of fundraising, sales, and/or business development skills
- Comfortable being on camera hosting lives, webinars, workshops, etc.
- Experience with planning, creating, or editing video content
- Affectionate towards memes
- Passionate about independent artists, creatives, makers, and doers!
This position is U.S.-based and 100% virtual (with eventual travel about 1-2 times per year*). You can live anywhere in the country but most meetings fall during a 10 AM-6 PM EST window.
*They hope to resume travel for full staff gatherings, but they don’t believe in forcing people to travel if it will be unsafe or uncomfortable for team members.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Salary is $70,130. Fractured Atlas has fixed-tier compensation, so everyone at each tier makes the same. Learn more about their compensation structure here.
Benefits include dental, vision, and medical insurance, flexible spending account, employer-contributed 401K plan, commuter benefits, professional development allowance, ticket and staff donation allowance for artist member projects, internet and cell-phone stipend, workplace supplies allowance, unlimited paid vacation days, paid sick days, paid family leave, and a casual but hard-working, friendly and supportive work environment.
To be considered for the position, please use the application portal to upload all the items below in one PDF-formatted file (Files can be addressed to Sophia Park, Director, External Relations):
- Please answer the following questions. Maximum word count is 250 per question.
- Why do you want to work at Fractured Atlas in this role?
- Please walk us through a digital marketing campaign that you managed or helped manage that you are really proud of. Questions for your consideration in your description:
- How did you establish goals?
- How did you collaborate with other team members to achieve your goals?
- How did you establish a relationship with your community?
- What were any challenges that came up and how did you overcome them?
- Tell us about a specific post on the Fractured Atlas Instagram account that you found interesting or surprising. What worked about it or how does it seem to fit into the larger goals and mission of Fractured Atlas?
- What is something you are really passionate about and why?
- A resume no longer than two (2) pages clearly outlining relevant experiences and skills.
- Two (2) writing samples:
- One, describing a contemporary issue with both humor and accuracy, 500 words or less
- Second, longer writing sample of your choice, ranging from 750 to 1200 words
- A list of three (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. (References will not be contacted without your prior consent.)
If you’re looking for a way to merge PDFs, iLovePDF is a free browser based option. Incomplete submissions will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via email, post mail, or fax.
They receive many applications for each job and cannot respond to questions about the position unless you are having a technical issue with the job portal or are requesting accommodations for the process. If you need help with a technical issue or are requesting accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Want to know what’s next after you apply? Here is a breakdown of the steps of the hiring process. You can learn more about Fractured Atlas by reviewing their website, blog, and work.fracturedatlas.org