JOIN is a communications agency that helps progressive initiatives reach and mobilize the right people to build their movements. They’re a small team committed to supporting their clients in their work to reform unjust systems.
Since their founding in 2019, they’ve helped expose how the pharmaceutical industry abuses intellectual property to monopolize life-saving medicines, moved young people to participate in the 2020 Census, drove registration among eligible voters primarily concerned with racial justice, and combated barriers to equitable COVID-19 vaccine distribution. Learn more: www.join-projects.com
About The Role
In this role you will:
- Write compelling social media copy – individual tweets, long threads, Instagram posts, etc – for organizations and thought leaders that communicate complex issues
- Develop content strategies that help organizations meet their advocacy goals
- Source and manage creatives to produce digital and printed content
- Communicate directly with their clients, which include advocates, activists, policy experts, on-the-ground organizers, artists
- Monitor rapidly moving news, movement organizations, lawmakers, and experts online to determine how conversations and advocacy efforts are developing
- Track media coverage and distribute reports to clients
- Attend meetings with clients and team members
The ideal candidate will have:
● At least 3+ years of experience in a communications role at an advocacy organization, agency, foundation, political campaign, or government position
● Comfort in a small team environment
JOIN is a NYC-based communications agency with an office in Brooklyn, NY. This position is open to all U.S.-based applicants and can be done fully remote. This is a full-time, contracted role for 12 months with potential renewal. Compensation range is $60,000- $65,000 USD. They strongly encourage LGBTQ, women, and people of color to apply.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 7, 2022. Questions? Send them an email.