Your love of payroll and attention to detail is matched by a passion for helping nonprofits and artists to thrive. You enjoy learning new systems and tools, and thinking critically about ways of making them better. You love the arts and understand administration and operations as central parts of making art happen. You are able to prioritize multiple projects and meet ongoing deadlines. You communicate clearly and patiently with members and colleagues. You are detail-oriented, and have a sense of perspective and humor when things get real. You are able to adapt to the ArtsPool standard for efficient, accurate service delivery. Above all else, you share ArtsPool’s values with respect to diversity, equity and inclusion, and are excited by working collaboratively across teams in an organization with a flat, non-hierarchical structure.
The primary work focus for the Workforce Administration Lead is in the area of Workforce Administration and Payroll.
Workforce Administration and Payroll services include services for ArtsPool’s members as well as for ArtsPool itself, including the following roles and responsibilities:
- Facilitate/Support time tracking and process payroll for member companies, in collaboration with the member contact and others on the ArtsPool team, and maintain payroll systems and employee records for member companies.
- Provide payroll reports and related data for annual audits, tax returns, and insurance claim forms, as requested by other ArtsPool staff, by member auditors, insurance carriers (e.g. Unemployment, Disability, Paid Family Leave, and Workers’ Compensation coverages), and occasionally the Department of Labor.
- Facilitate the onboarding and offboarding process for member employees, including offer and voluntary termination letters, worker documentation (Forms W-4 and I-9), benefits coordination, and employment status tracking.
- Train member staff payroll administrators on the payroll process and BeyondPay navigation (timesheet submission/approval, time-off request/approval, pay run reports/approval) at onboarding and/or at staff transition.
Quality control and compliance
- Provide quality control and review — including escalation to legal review as required — for questions that arise relating to workforce compliance for ArtsPool members including classification of employees, payroll tax filings, error prevention and correction, etc.
- Undertake research as needed, contacting government agencies, benefits vendors, etc. for confirmation of implementation of details impacting payroll.
As ArtsPool workers and members of a cooperative, they share a set of operational responsibilities for keeping ArtsPool running smoothly and aligned with its values.
In addition to the primary responsibilities, described above, each worker is asked to take on compliance work as well as encouraged to participate in the organization’s operational activities, lending their voice and expertise as theye interface with their members and each other.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Experience with workforce administration required (any combination of experience in: payroll processing, workers’ compensation/disability audits, employee/contractor classification, etc.).
- Experience with payroll processing preferred.
- Experience working within nonprofit and/or arts organizations preferred.
- Ability to work with many types of members (clients) and personalities, ranging from small artist-run companies to mid-sized institutions.
- Independent, self-motivated problem-solver who can make suggestions and work within a team to develop and implement system improvements.
- Openness to and facility with web-based systems and software.
- Comfort and experience with reading and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines .
- Experience with BeyondPay, Xero Accounting, and Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Gmail, etc) a plus, though not required.
Ideal start date for this position is June 1, 2022, though alternate timelines will be considered. Starting compensation for this full-time, permanent position is $70,000 per year, with health and dental benefits. The successful candidate will be eligible for a raise to ArtsPool’s secondary compensation level, after one year of employment, according to ArtsPool’s pay equity procedures.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through May 8, 2022.
To apply for this full-time, permanent position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address the specific requirements for this position in your cover letter. ArtsPool is an equal opportunity employer. In the spirit of ArtsPool’s value of inclusion, they welcome and encourage submissions from BIPOC, LGBTQIA, and disabled candidates.